Thursday, October 29, 2009

Launching Ring Pop Fundraiser

I'm not sure how effective this is going to be, but I had this plan to sell ring pops as a fundraiser, in lieu of the Bachelor/Ette party. There's no time for that (or venue), and I could really use the bank account buffer. Turns out, even ridiculous weddings are expensive.

The ring pop idea came out of a reading I did for this gender studies course in the summer. I believe it was discussing the movement in the Caribbean, somewhere in the early-mid 1900s (all this could be wrong). Anyway, these women who had been pressured into marriage by stigma, or simply by force decided to sell their wedding rings to get money for things they actually needed... Pretty nifty. I'll try to find that article and give the actual deets sometime soon (no internet near my bookshelf).

Anyway, ring pops are obviously not the same thing, and as it turns out, people are not interested in paying $2 for them, especially not when the salesperson has a blue mouth. I'll stick with the reddish ones and lower the price though, sell them out of a fancy bridal box... we'll see what happens.

Tell your friends. I'll be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment