Has anyone ever noticed that I look like a muppet? Because I didn't until I did that drawing of myself for the poster, and now it's impossible not to. Goddamnit.
In wedding news, Hallowe'en set the scene for a hilarious altercation between Husband #1 and myself. Entirely jokingly, of course, Trev decided to steal my engagement ring and throw it across the room (jealous, no doubt, since he lost his own). The cheap dollar store plastic and all its glue gun repairs could not withstand the force of impact against the concrete floor of the Goog, and promptly busted into many pieces... "My engagement ring! You broke my engagement ring!"
It's funny, but I've started to forget that these things are taken seriously. So, when I got fake upset, and started moving the furniture looking for the pieces of my cheap ring, I wasn't really aware that the people helping me were not privvy to knowing that this is not a big deal. We found the final component - the pink heart-shaped fake-diamond part.
I felt badly, but the people seemed to find it funny. It's strange though, because it probably comes off as two people with limited means getting married, but diamond or plastic, the ring is still important. Then what dawned on me is that I'm still playing the part of the bride, but in a strange, twice-removed sort of way. It's like the parallel bride universe, where I get to take it all seriously, without having to take it all seriously. I do like my engagement ring (which I'm about to once again repair with my glue gun), I like referring to Trevor as my fiance, and I'm really excited for the wedding... but in the end, it doesn't really infringe upon my future planning. Weeewerd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment