Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's quiet... Almost too quiet...

There's been a lull in the wedding planning lately. I lost the key to my mailbox (sorry housemates) so haven't been able to get Trevor's birth certificate out of it. His mum mailed it from home. So the legal stuff is all on hold until I figure that out, which can't be much longer since it's a grand total of 9 days away (minus half of today)! Then big party stuff is frighteningly on hold because of my lack of income. Not that I really know what I'd be buying anyway...

I'm having trouble right now deciding which direction to go in. On the one hand, the big fake ceremony is kind of the highlight of the evening, so I feel like I can't not do it. The only reason I'm considering dropping it is because it's becoming a bit too jokey for my own comfort. I mean, it's all well and good that it's fun, that's half the point. But I'm a bit worried that the closer it edges toward joke-dom, the less of an impact it'll have. You know, like it just becomes this kind of inappropriate humour that people will kind of laugh at but ultimately gloss over. I'm not feeling my most eloquent today.

Since I feel like I need to have a ceremony it'll probably go through. Now it's just a struggle to keep it from being too over-the-top, or alternatively, so over-the-top that it lands right back in the regular world. A bit challenging on a limited budget. We'll see. I mean, I have a drawer in my studio that is currently dedicated to housing eighty confetti poppers (!), so it's not like it'll be bland either way. I'm welcoming suggestions though, if you've got any.

Also worth mentioning - other confirmed artists for the event are Dan Frawley, who's doing some liquid-projection stuffs; Saffron Hodgson, who's creating a papier-mache cake piece; a monsieur Stefan Herda, who's doing a wedding portrait in ephemeral inks; Miles Stemp, doing some photographic documentation (viewable post wedding), and Anuta Skrypnychenko who is doing photo-documentation as well! If I ever manage to find a VHS camera, there'll be that, too. But that's proven to be tricky. Lemme know if you've got one I can borrow.

Well. This is the bizarre opposite of wedding jitters. I feel nothing. Like a dead lizard. I'm going to go and work on my wedding dress to get the heat on here. Interesting side note - did you know that the hot rocks you can buy for your pet lizard can actually kill it? In the real world, they'll lay on rocks that have been heated in the sun, but eventually those rocks cool off. On a fake hot rock, they just keep on going full tilt, which eventually cooks your lizard. Poor little dudes. That tidbit care of Nathan Saliwonchyk.

No comments:

Post a Comment